A wonderful boarding school in the heart of Surrey, is looking for two Gap Year Volunteers to join their team ASAP to December 2021. Working in an all girls' school with boarders ranging in age from 10-18, the Gap Year Volunteers are an integral and essential part of the team. You are the confidant of the girls, an ear and shoulder to cry on, and you work very closely with them. You effectively bridge the gap between the boarders and the staff.
- To be resident overnight in accommodation provided during term-time, other than evenings off, in order to assist Boarding Staff with emergencies or evacuations that may happen at night.
- To attend all meetings of Boarding Staff deemed relevant to Gap Volunteers by the Head of Boarding, particularly meetings prior to the beginning of terms
- To promote and support the school's Catholic ethos through attending Assemblies and Masses, and participating in activities to support the spiritual formation of our pupils.
- To complete mandatory training pertinent to a Gap Volunteer such as Safeguarding training, First Aid training and Critical Incidence Training.
- To represent the school professionally and courteously to parents at certain events (for example at the new boarders' welcome morning).
- To assist with the supervision of designated weekend trips and activities under the guidance of Boarding Staff.
- To foster mutual respect and understanding between boarders and day girls by participating in, and/or leading extra-curricular clubs and societies.
- To support the integration and inclusion of all boarders and promote a tolerant and positive boarding community by assisting with duties which include, but are not limited to: supervising study time in boarding; spending leisure time with boarders, particularly after school; dedicating time to support boarders with additional needs.
- To assist with the smooth-running of the daily routine in the boarding house such as waking pupils, completing breakfast and supper registration, assisting with room checks and lights out, accompanying boarders to appointments etc.
- To liaise closely with Boarding Staff on pastoral issues affecting the boarders.
- To complete certain administrative tasks to assist with the smooth-running of boarding.
- To support the wok of certain academic departments in a manner determined by the Head of Boarding such as leading clubs, assisting with language lessons, helping with games etc.
- Enjoy being with young people, listening to them and supporting them
- Love the countryside and a peaceful setting
- Are happy to celebrate faith and being a witness to faith
- Enjoy learning about other cultures (the boarders come from all over the world)
- Will take part in a wide variety of activities - covering sporting, crafts, reflective, academic and administrative
- Enjoy creating events and activities for other to socialise and have fun
Start - ASAP
Financial Allowance - you are given £448 per month as pocket money for any expenses incurred as a a volunteer. Food, Accommodation, Wifi etc are all provided.
More details are available on request
Responsible Consultant - Diana (email@example.com)