Sole Gardener Job nr Newark Nottinghamshire
Our client is looking for an experienced Sole Gardener to look after a large garden near Newark. The property is a stately home, which is available for exclusive hire and is owned by a private family. It is predominantly booked for weddings, private parties, corporate events, short stays, and photoshoots. Following the recent garden renovations, they are looking for a Gardener to install and maintain the flowers, trees and green spaces immediately surrounding the Hall.
Gardener responsibilities include monitoring the health of all plants and green areas, watering and feeding plants, trimming trees and shrubs, fertilizing and mowing lawns, weeding and keeping green spaces and walkways clear of debris and litter. Within the winter period, the role will also be responsible for salting the walkways and car park. The Gardener should know how to use and maintain landscaping equipment, including mowers, trimmers, chainsaw and fertilizers, while following health and safety regulations. Ultimately, they will make sure the gardens and green spaces are always healthy and beautiful for the weddings/ other events.
- Install and maintain seasonal plants
- Mow, trim and fertilize green spaces
- Mulch, edge and weed gardens
- Prune and trim trees and bushes
- Maintain all gardening equipment and machinery, like mowers, trimmers and leaf blowers
- Monitor and maintain the health of plants
- Deal with pest problems that could damage plants
- Keep gardens and green spaces clear of debris and litter
- Lead on any gardening projects, which haven been instructed by management
- Experience as a Gardener
- Familiarity with landscaping design
- Overall knowledge of plants, bushes, grass and trees and willingness to learn of any plants unknown to them.
- Extensive knowledge of regional plant life
- Knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them
- Knowledge of synthetic and natural fertilizers
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations relation to gardening and working safely
- A love of the outdoors and plant life
- An understanding of working in a historical site and planning conditions/ restrictions.
- Professional gardener / horticulturalist and qualified to min RHS Level 1, City and Guilds, NVQ or equivalent.
Full-time role Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week with flexibility needed on weekends for events
£21,000 to £28,000 gpa based on experience
Contact Laura Harrall Managing Consultant for Nottinghamshire 01298 600 414 email@example.com