Part-Time Gardener Job, Exbury - Hampshire
An excellent position to work for a lovely old client of Greycoat Lumleys, they are looking for a Part-Time Gardener to join their exisiting team of 2 Gardening staff. to look after a beautiful garden in a stunning location
You will work under the direction of the Head Gardener, to develop and maintain the gardens, grounds and landscape of the family home. Providing specialist and expert knowledge on all garden and grounds aspects whilst working to budgets and agreed timeframes as the garden evolves.
This role requires a good team player with a good work ethic and willingness to be flexible as all private households require
Main duties to include:
- To apply the best horticultural practices to maintain and enhance the quality of care to all areas of the gardens, grounds, borders and kitchen garden.
- Contribute to the planting, development and maintenance of the herbaceous and shrub borders (including weeding, staking, pruning, splitting, lifting, mulching and feeding).
- Support the Head Gardener in the maintenance of the formal gardens to the required standard (including hedge cutting, topiary shaping, formal borders and rose gardens).
- To develop and maintain the kitchen garden and production of cut flowers (including propagation, planting, watering, spraying, deadheading and pruning).
- To maintain all mown and meadow areas including any wild flowers or specialist areas.
- To contribute to all aspects of lawn maintenance (including the effective mowing, strimming, fertilising and spraying).
- To support on all path maintenance and spraying.
- To contribute to the cleaning and maintenance of water features and garden ponds, working under the management plans for these areas.
- To be an active member of the wider operational team at the property, particularly supporting with care for family pets and animals, boundary maintenance and vermin control.
- RHS level 2 or equivalent
- A full and current driving licence
- Significant and recent experience in gardening, landscaping and grounds management
- Proficiency in operating a wide range of gardening machinery including strimmers and hedge cutters
- Qualified and proficient in the use of pesticides and spraying equipment (preferred, not essential)
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Professionalism, discretion and confidential at all times
Start Date - ASAP
Working Week- 3 days per week (flexible on which days these are) 24 hours per week
Salary - Circa £14K gross per annum
Responsible Consultant - Hannah Mckeown - email@example.com
Job ID - 91052