Gardener Job Prestbury Cheshire - start asap - £35,000 to £38,000 gpa
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic, creative and committed sole gardener with great plant knowledge to maintain, improve and further enhance a historic country house garden situated in Prestbury, near Macclesfield, Cheshire.
The property has a mature 3 acre garden which comprises of formal lawns, herbaceous an shrub borders, mature woodland and 8 acres of open paddock land. The garden contains extensive hedges of yew, beech, holly and box.
he gardener will have a hands-on role in the daily care of the garden and this offers an opportunity to continue the improvement and development of the garden. He/She will be someone who is passionate and takes pride in their work and will maintain and present the garden to a high standard. The gardener will need to be self-motivated, organised, able to plan and prioritise their workload. The individual will work closely with the owners, and should be able to work in a small team as well as alone, and manage external contractors if engaged from time to time.
- Maintenance of the gardens
- Weeding, deadheading, trimming, and provision of cut flowers for the house
- Care and management of herbaceous plants, shrubs, lawns hedges and trees
- Develop new projects when required
- Maintaining the woodland garden
- Routine garden machinery maintenance
- Budget responsibility and keeping accurate paperwork
- Clear understanding of and working within Health and Safety regulations
Applicants must have:
- Time served experience
- Spray certificates (PA1 and PA6)
- Excellent plant knowledge coupled together with technical skills, experience of thinning/renovating mature shrubs and pest and disease knowledge
- Full driving licence is essential
- Salary up to £38,000 (dependant on skills and experience)
- 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Full-time role Summer & Winter hours arrangement
Contact Laura Harrall Managing Consultant for Cheshire 01298 600 414 firstname.lastname@example.org