A leading preparatory school in Oxfordshire is looking for a full-time Gardener/Maintenance person to join the team ASAP. This is a wonderful role for the right person and the school is set in 20 acres of beautiful land including a woodland area. We have worked with this school for many years and can vouch for the fact that they provide a lovely place for the candidates to work, with very happy pupils and a desire to provide a first class environment for learning. This role is very definitely based outside with no internal office, so you must love the outdoors and being surrounded by nature. Working with the seasons to provide a safe space for the candidates as well as ensuring that the estate looks smart and well-turned out at all times. This is a live-out role, but with the potential of live-in, on the estate, further down the line. The Gardener/Maintenance person will work throughout the year and is employed, as part of the team, to keep the gardens and grounds going during the school holidays.
- Working as part of the Gardening and Maintenance team, headed up by the Site Manager, to ensure that the school is kept up to standards at all times.
- Mowing the lawns and setting out the playing fields (detailed below).
- Keeping the paths clear and tidy, especially at this time of year.
- Responsible for ensuring the drive is smartly turned out and ordering more gravel if needs be.
- Working in the forest area and maintaining the paths within that.
- Looking after the trees.
- Opening up the site in the mornings and ensuring the school is ready to receive the pupils and parents.
- Helping out where else required, for example assisting at drop off and pick up time when needed.
- (There is a Groundsman who looks after the flower beds).
- Love the outdoors and are passionate about working outside
- Have had experience working on an estate or in a similar environment such as a school
- Enjoy keeping the grounds well-presented
- May have had experience working to keep playing fields ready, including rugby, cricket and hockey
- Have an eye for detail and good attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team but also are independent and are happy to work on your own
- Have the brain to think of future ideas and have a good vision for what this role could be - the client is happy to take on board ideas from you.
- Get on well with others and collaborate with your team.
Start - ASAP
Interviews - 1st stages will be held on Zoom, and then 2nd face to face.
Salary - £24,000 to £28,000 GPA dependent on experience
Package - 28 days holiday including bank holidays. Holiday must be taken during school holidays,
Responsible Consultant - email@example.com