Live-in Gardener/Maintenance/Groom Job in Somerset
Our returning Client requires an experienced and active live-in gardener/Maintenance man/Groom on a newly refurbished part-time residence in Somerset.
They require a knowledgeable and hardworking gardener/handyman/groom who has high standards, who shows attention to detail and who is able to work on own initiative as well being able to take clear direction from principals. There is a team on site that consists of live in Domestic Couple, a live out gardener, a live out groom and a live out cleaner. The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience working in a large home as part of a team, as well as have experience with general maintenance and caring for horses and other animals.
- Excellent gardening experience and horticultural knowledge
- Formal gardening
- Good solid knowledge and experience of gardening to help maintain throughout the year the properties gardens, vegetables garden and flower gardens.
- Take care of the large flower beds.
- Maintenance of grounds, garden and woodland
- Being able to repair fences, gates
- Lawn mowing, hedge cutting.
- Harrowing, rolling and topping
- Keep the hedges and shrubs well-manicured
- Green house
- Seasonal maintenance
- Pest control
- Painting and decorating
- Driving duties
- Looking after pets
- Competent and knowledgeable groom
- No riding required, but experience in grooming/turning out/bringing in, feeding, tacking up
- General care and attention of horses and their tacks and kits
- Taking care of family’s dogs, feeding, walking, letting out first thing in the morning, clearing fowling
- Operation and good working knowledge of garden machinery. Taking care of, storing off neatly
- Good knowledge on property maintenance, cleaning drains, gutters, straightforward repairs, paint work
- Take care of 4 vehicles
Car provided both on and off duty
Accommodation: A newly renovated one-bedroom cottage
Working Days and Hours: 5 days per week, Wednesday - Sunday
Start Date: June 2022
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 GPA
Vacancy Number: 99952
Consultant to Contact: Aaron Lebon