Estate Gardeners job Nr Alderley Edge Cheshire
Greycoat Lumleys is working with a client on an exclusive basis on an exciting project near Alderley Edge. The client has recently purchased a large country estate and will be looking for a team of experienced Estate Gardeners / Woodland Operatives to work under an Estate Manager to help them develop and maintain the estate.
The estate covers a total of 800 acres with farming areas and large areas of woodland that have been left for many years which will need attention.
The long-term plan for the estate is for it to be turned into a nature reserve, promoting sustainable farming, aqua-phonics, breeding rare breed livestock and also encouraging endangered wildlife to thrive.
The client is looking for someone who has had previous gardening experience ideally on a private estate.
General skills / requirement of the role include:
- Undertake gardening and horticultural tasks including grass cutting, edging, pruning, weeding, dead heading, planting, hedge cutting, landscaping.
- Woodland management
- General property management and maintenance
- Experience with farming and farm animals would be a bonus
- Knowledge of wildlife and wildlife habitats
- Be able to use estate machinery such as tractors, diggers and be able to tow large trailers
- Ideally have a chain saw licence and PA1 & PA6a certificates
This is a live out role so will suit someone who is local and within commuting distance
Full time role 5 days per week Monday to Friday
Start June 2020
Salary negotiable and reflective of experience
Contact Laura Harrall North of England office firstname.lastname@example.org