One of London's Great Twelve Livery Halls is looking for a Head Butler. This is a unique and prestigious role and is your chance to work for one of the most amazing sites in London.
- Generous salary
- 30% pension
- Health insurance
- Free canteen
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas
- Life insurance
- Discretionary bonus
Main purpose: To orchestrate the delivery of fine dining at the Hall
- Receiving, announcing and ordering of lunches & dinners such that hosts, and guests are met and treated with courtesy and style.
- Management of waiting staff and butlers (permanent and casual), including training such that, at all times, standards are excellent, and capacity is sufficient.
- Supervising food and drink service, with special attention to allergen requirements.
- Management of the Company wine stocks.
- Contributing to all Front of House requirements to achieve a safe and secure events cycle that meets member, client and visitor expectations.
- Liaise with Head Chef, Events Manager and Special Diets/Allergens Chef to coordinate all special diets from kitchen to table, managing and coordinating casual service staff.
- View events diary/function sheet daily & plan/ organise equipment required for each event.
- Assist/supervise the planning of furniture required for each event.
- Attendance at Health & Safety and Security Committee meetings as the Events representative.
- Attendance at Risk assessment Committee meeting as required as the Events representative.
- Replenish stock as required.
- Provide Front of House services of the highest standards and, in conjunction with the Events manager, ensure the smooth running of all events, internal and external.
- Act as a Deputy Duty manager as required for the practical implementation of safe and secure Events designated in Category B and C (as defined in the attached document ‘The Duty manager -Role and Responsibilities
- To ensure the safety of guests, contractors, and employees
- To preserve the reputation of the Company
- In the event of an incident or accident, to decide on the appropriate course of action.
- In the event of an unexpected request, non-emergency situation or complaint, to manage the situation to achieve the best possible resolution.
- To ensure any individual delegated as the Duty Manager for all or part of an event is trained, available and aware of their responsibilities.
- To take full responsibility and control of all food and drink service.
- To supervise and serve at functions/events.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Deal with queries from staff and/or guests. including protocol/customs as required by the Company and clients.
- Follow all food legislation practices as advised by Line Manager.
- Ensure the timely passage of up-to-date information and key paperwork throughout the Events Department and to Facilities and Finance staff as necessary.
- Plan people resources for each event. Book and supervise casual waiting staff as required.
- Line manage and develop casual waiting staff and support the training of service staff in best practise in service methods, hygiene standards, safety, and security matters.
- Maintain correct records of waiting staff overtime or wages for any other casual staff in conjunction with the Events Manager and ensure best use of all service staff during their employment and manage their working hours accordingly
- Support the Events Manager in planning event strategy and attending Budget planning meetings.
- Optimise margins and required casual staffing levels to optimise value-for-money.
- Plan services, calculate cost effectiveness and achieve costs savings or alternatives as appropriate, benchmarking periodically.
- Responsible, under the direction of the Head of Collection, in the care and safe keeping of the Company silver for all events (setting up for and at the end of Company events).
- Ensure all service staff adhere to health and safety and food hygiene regulations and procedures.
- Report possible hazards and/or equipment failures and accidents to the Facilities Manager.
- Observe COSHH regulations and undertake risk assessments, as required.
Maintenance of Company Wine Cellar:
- Liaise with the Renter Warden and Wine Consultant
- Manage the movement of the stock in and out.
- Inventory management of wine stocks and ordering of wine stocks for internal events under the supervision of the Events Manager.
- Oversee and ensure the security of stock.
- Maintain the cellar condition.
- To maintain the standards, traditions and ambience of the dining areas and functions.
Salary - negotiable
Hours: Monday to Friday with some weekends, if required
Responsible Consultant: Diana (firstname.lastname@example.org)