A dedicated, innovative and enthusiastic Head Butler is required for a breathtaking Estate in Northamptonshire.
You will report to the House Manager and work closely with them to help with an exciting restructuring of how the House is run on a day-to-day basis. The ideal candidate will be both full of new ideas, but also have a respect for the traditions of this historic property.
The family entertain frequently, so it vital that you have a passion for providing the highest quality of service to their guests and to train and set the standard for other staff to follow.
The House is also open to the public for a portion of the year and so the successful candidate will liaise with the rest of the team to ensure that the needs of visitors are met.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing an exceptional standard of service to the family and their guests
- Formal dinner service for the family and their guests
- Overseeing and organising dinner parties, social occasions and large scale events, including hiring temporary staff as and when required
- Supervising and assisting with the training of all interior staff
- Liaising with the House Manager and Head Chef to maintain the day-to-day running of the property, ensuring all the needs of the family are met
- Valeting and wardrobe management
- Supervising and liaising with contractors
- Responding to the needs of guests of the family
- Coordinating with front of house staff when the Estate is open to the general public
- Responding to any other ad hoc duties as required by the family – a high level of amenability and flexibility is required
Start date – ASAP
Live in or out – live in - housing provided. Partners and pets are welcome
Salary – negotiable
Hours – five days a week with some flexibility
Responsible consultant – Jen Russell – email@example.com