We are proud to be working with one of London’s leading academic prep schools to appoint a full-time Head Chef for an immediate start. The successful candidate can expect a friendly, busy working environment, competitive salary, daytime shift pattern and a considerable paid holiday allowance. The kitchen offers new equipment and a high-quality work environment. This is a fabulous term time only role so would suit a candidate looking for a great work/life balance.
The school is well-known for providing school lunches and suppers of the highest quality. The successful candidate must:
- Be able to prepare, cook and serve a high volume of school meals of an exceptional standard for the boys and staff.
- Be prepared to cater for occasional dinners, canapés etc. for parent events and to undertake other duties as required.
- You must have experience of catering for numbers and be able to work in an organised and efficient manner, whilst maintaining quality.
- You should be comfortable working under his/her own initiative as well as part of a small, friendly team.
- As Head Chef, you will be responsible for running the kitchen and managing the kitchen team.
- You will prep the weekly menu, place orders and manage suppliers
- You will produce the staff rota, and take responsibility for the health, safety, and hygiene routines in the kitchen.
- You must be organised and able to balance the management responsibilities with the work as a chef.
A full job description can be sent over on request
Weekday hours: Typical shift patterns: 6.00 am – 2.30 pm (2 days) 8.00 am – 2.30 pm (1 day) 12.00 pm – 7.00 pm (2 days)
Weekend hours: 1 weekend in 3
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (firstname.lastname@example.org)