Head Chef Job for top London Events Company
One of Greycoat Lumleys' clients is looking for a Head Chef to join their ambitious and growing kitchen brigade. The rest of the team either come from a Michelin/Rosette background, or they have strong experience in events and/or banqueting, which is what the client requires. The company produces food at an award winning level with fresh, seasonal dishes cooked to high standards, using luxury products. The best ingredients are used, and the team bring influences from around the world whilst utilising modern and classical cooking techniques. The job role will be working closely with the existing Executive Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen.
You will be:
- A strong leader and able to run and lead a kitchen from the front
- Able to, and have experience of, supervising a team of twenty Chefs
- Be creative and come up with new concepts for menu idea, presentation and ingredients
- A team player and able to collaborate with those around and you, but particularly with the Executive Chef
- An experienced Chef, having worked in both events and also restaurants.
- Ensuring health and safety and food hygiene standards are adhered to.
- Strong on numbers and volume but with the eye and attention for detail that is expected by clients.
- Unafraid of busy shifts and able to direct a team of Chefs under time constraints.
- Passionate about the industry and creating fantastic tasting food.
- Able to come up with great new and forward thinking ideas.
- A representative of this company and all it stands for.
Start: ASAP Salary: to be discussed with GCL, plus overtime
Hours: 5 days out of 7, 07.30-16.30.
Responsible Consultant: Diana Cheal