A client of ours -a luxury hotel, private members` club and conference centre is looking for Head Chef to join their team ASAP.
- Free gym/health club membership
- An exceptional calendar of social events to be enjoyed throughout the year
- Free tickets to all events
- Free staff uniforms, parking and meals when on shift
- Maintaining the highest possible standard of hygiene in all kitchen, food service and storage areas, and ensuring the relevant requirements of the "Public Health" and "Health and Safety at Work" Acts are met.
- Menu planning, alongside the Executive Chef to include cycle menus, function & buffet menus and any extra menu provisions as required, ensuring regular and seasonal changes. This also includes menu/function costing.
- Ordering all requirements for menus in adequate time to allow for the preparation of meals and to ensure portion control to avoid food wastage.
- Assisting the Executive Chef in performance managing the team, following the Employment Manual procedures at all times.
- Assisting with the management of HACCP throughout the food operations, and alongside the Executive Chef, ensuring all procedures and processes are regularly audited and actions taken to rectify shortfalls.
- In liaison with the Executive Chef, be responsible for the proper control of all foodstuffs within the department, ensuring correct stock controls and counts accurate and timely ordering of all requirements for menus.
- Supervising the work schedules and cleanliness of all members of kitchen staff and ensuring that they are correctly dressed at all times whilst on duty, and ensuring that proper care and diligence is taken by all staff on the use of equipment and that staff are adequately trained to use such equipment.
- Ensuring that no member of the staff enters the kitchen preparation area or any store room or fridge, unless specifically required to do so in the course of his/her duties.
- Assisting the Executive Chef in the formulation of plans for future development of the Resort food offer.
- Keeping such records and statistical information as required by the Executive Chef.
- Attendance at all communication and departmental meetings as necessary.
- Working in close liaison with the Executive Chef, ensuring that:
- There is adequate staff cover to provide the required service to the Club and Hotel guests;
- In the absence of the Executive Chef, the correct procedures are followed in regards to sickness and absence recording;
- Menu planning, costing and development is carried out as required, and support is given in regards to forward planning of production targets, as dictated by business levels.
Assisting in achieving such gross profit percentages for various food outlets as required.
Ensuring that proper safety and care of equipment is taken by staff in his/her department and all training completed prior to use.
- Appropriate checking in of deliveries for quantity, quality, temperature and price.
- Ensuring that the kitchen department is fully aware of all forthcoming events, function menu requirements and all other information as is deemed necessary for the proper function of the kitchen department.
- Ensuring the department and the Hotel and Club are energy efficient to meet sustainability targets and work with colleagues to reduce energy costs and consumable waste across the Hotel and Club.
- Working with the departments to promote and market the resort offer.
- Ensuring the Resort team adheres to the principles of Star Standards and Hearts & Minds initiatives.
- Enforcing resort Health & Safety requirements as detailed in the Health and Safety Policy, and take on responsibility as part of the Emergency response team in the event of an emergency.
- Carrying out other duties as identified: this job description reflects the current situation, but is subject to change from time to time
- Base on 40 Hours per week
- Salary :Negotiable
- Start date ASAP
- Job Reference:95152
- Consultant Cristina Ciorba
- Please send your cv to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org