We are working with a Day and Boarding Preparatory School for boys aged from 3 to 13 set within 75 acres of established woodland and playing fields in a rural location adjacent to Windsor Great Park. The School enjoys first class facilities including a purpose-built £3 million sports center, indoor and outdoor cricket nets, floodlit tennis courts, a golf putting green and driving range, an indoor swimming pool and over 50 acres of playing fields. With outstanding facilities and dedicated coaching staff, our boys have the opportunity to regularly participate in and enjoy a rich variety of sports and activities as part of their weekly Games and PE provision.
The school enjoys a strong reputation for sport, with a strong rugby and swimming tradition. The School is becoming ever more competitive in cricket, football, golf, and rowing. During the Michaelmas term they coach rugby, during the Easter term the boys will play football, with a selected group continuing rugby sevens, the summer months, cricket is the major team sport. Alongside this, the School’s swimming, tennis, basketball, rowing and golf teams train and compete throughout the year. We also prepare teams to participate in local and regional cross country, biathlon/triathlon and athletics fixtures.
The post would suit an enthusiastic and driven individual qualified in sports turf management, greenkeeping or cricket pitch maintenance, or any other relevant horticulture qualifications.
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role in a school setting.
• Actively liaise with Heads of Sport to ensure that pitches and other sporting facilities are prepared to a high standard and are available as required.
• Prepare and implement a grounds maintenance programme.
• Prepare budget estimates for inclusion in the annual expenditure budget.
• Ensure pitches are marched and rolled in line with relevant sports guidelines.
• Ensure all roads and pathways, signage, lawns, gardens, borders and woodland areas are always maintained to a high standard and show the school in its best light to the community at large.
• Assess and monitor trees condition.
• Develop and implement appropriate woods maintenance plan.
• Manage the Grounds Assistant.
• Encourage and monitor safe working practices and set positive examples to the team.
• Conduct annual performance reviews and set performance targets for line managed staff.
A full job description can be sent over upon request
Hours: 40 hours per week with 22 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
Start Date: September 2022
• Line Manager: Estate Manager - Bursar
• Line Management of: Grounds Assistant
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B