Head Housekeeper Job Leicestershire
Our client is looking for an experienced Head Housekeeper who will be responsible for the smooth running of a busy family household. Their main task will be to make the house feel like a home, being the ‘front of house,’ liaising between the principle and the house team to ensure that the home is run smoothly.
Main tasks will be;
- Taking care of the family and ensuring their comfort whilst they are at home, the principle and his 18 month old son (with nanny) are normally at home from Thursday to Sunday, and the principles 18 year old son is at school nearby and will be going to university shortly so will be back and forth a bit.
- Preparing meals for the family
- Organising food shopping and meal plans
- Providing basic office assistance for the principle – printing and scanning any documents, posting letters, welcoming guests for meetings and providing drinks.
- Responsible for the family’s clothes – organising wardrobes to ensure nothing is lost, arranging for garments to be mended or sent out when needed, packing for holidays.
- Responsible for the possessions in the household – making sure kitchen wear, linens, bathroom products, electrical items are all in working order and informing the office if replacements are required or if there are gaps in for example service wear which would make hosting easier.
- Helping the housekeeping team with the day to day cleaning as required
- Preparing for and taking care of guests, ensuring bedrooms are prepared and ready, welcoming guests and escorting them to their rooms, ensuring their comfort on arrival, serving meals and pre dinner drinks – making sure a welcoming environment is provided for guests at all times, helping chefs at bigger dinner parties with clear up and ensuring the kitchen is left immaculate
- Working with the team in place to ensure that whilst the principle is in residence there is someone around at all times to help the family as needed. There is a small Housekeeping team as well a team of Gardeners and Security team
- Opening up the house in the morning, setting fires for the afternoon, checking the house before leaving at night.
- Liaising with the London office to organise any maintenance required
- Liaising with the London office for events at the house - guest lists, rooming plans etc
This is a live in role and separate cottage accommodation is offered on the estate
Full-time, 40 hours per week on average with weekends needed when the principle is in residence
Contact Laura Harrall Regional Consultant for Leciestershire 01298 600 414 firstname.lastname@example.org