Head of Security and Safety Job – Northamptonshire
Our client is looking for a head of security and safety to join their team in Northamptonshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective and efficient coordination of the estate security staff and operations and to achieve the desired level of security of the Principals, the estate and staff members of the household.
You will be in charge of the enforcing of the estate security policies and plans. These policies will include the access control and contingency plans which require constant reviews, updates and enforcement across the work place.
Duties will include
- Managing a manned security gate and house/grounds security rota, as well as the analytical CCTV/radar installation, personally seeing to contractors, scheduling and planning relating to all upcoming security development projects alike.
- Liasing with local police regarding any security threats or security breaches encountered by the family or the estate.
- Taking charge of the estate intruder and fire alarm systems and all matters relating to such, such as amendments, maintenance, testing and teaching fellow staff members, essential information regarding the operation of these systems.
- Take charge of all out of hours alarm response and construct a fair and concise watchkeeping schedule for the staff who live on the estate.
- Liasing with the executive PAs regarding any threatening or challenging emails/mail where the principals are concerned.
- Continually monitor threat levels as per the government guidelines and to adjust policies and proceedings accordingly.
- Assisting the Estate Director with any H & S related matters such as policies, procedures, risk assessments and permit to work systems.
- Performing safety walkarounds of the main house for staff and overnight guests, paying particular attention to what to do in the case of finding a fire, actions on alarms, fire exits, primary and secondary escape routes, muster points, fire extinguishers and manual call points.
- Performing routine inspect and maintain the estates medical and firefighting equipment and to see to any requirements regarding the equipment such as booking and overseeing annual equipment checks and services.
The head of security and safety will be responsible for organising medical and firefighting training courses for all estate staff.
You will be require to continue a healthy and professional relationship with the local fire station watch managers and arrange visits to the estate or the local fire crews. You will become familiar and to liaise with the watch managers regarding drills and exercises mutually beneficial to the local fire crews and estate staff.
Experience within a private household is desired but not essential
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES. THANK YOU.
Salary – Negotiable
Start Date – ASAP
Responsible Consultant – Aaron Lebon
Job ID – 89709