One of our clients - one of the UK's most prestigious schools - is looking for a permanent Hospitality Supervisor. The school is situated not far from London and has a beautiful estate and grounds, which the Hospitality Supervisor can make full use of. During term time, the Catering department produce over 3,000 meals per day, as well as packed meals throughout the year. Additionally there are events, functions and conferences that take place, as well as food being produced for match days, open days and evenings, staff events and also wedding receptions and external hire. It's a pretty large operation and the person that takes on this role must be up for this exciting challenge that lies ahead. There is a cafe, providing hot and cold snacks for the pupils.
- To supervise all aspects of the main events/student dining spaces, oversee all internal events and ensure that the catering requirements of external events are delivered.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues across the catering team to ensure that all hospitality services are customer focused, delivered efficiently and in line with catering service standards.
- Work closely with the Hospitality Manager and Catering team, event execution and noting information for charging. This will require flexibility, adaptability and a genuine passion for quality service at all times.
- Manage service in room on a day-to-day basis
- Deliver, set up, serve and clear away beverage and event requests
- Be responsible for the day-to-day cleaning, dusting and polishing of the room and service kitchen
- Control and observe teachers’ and guests’ dining and dietary requirements
- Guide and supervise waiting staff in the correct procedures
- Liaise between different event organisers and managers in the Catering department
- Work split shifts and weekends when required
- A good standard of general education
- Experience of working in a front-line, customer-facing environment
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to deal with customer complaints in a calm manner
- Organisational skills with the ability to plan, prioritise, multi-task and work quickly and efficiently, ensuring deadlines are met irrespective of conflicting priorities
- Excellent writing ability with a good command of grammar and punctuation
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and of diverse backgrounds
- Diplomatic, with the ability to deal with confidential matters discreetly
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to deal with enquiries from teachers
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work calmly whilst under pressure
*For a more detailed job role, please get in touch*
The successful applicant will undergo an enhanced DBS check
Salary: £26,060GPA -
Other benefits/package: free lunches, school pension scheme, use of the school's sports facilities and subsidised membership of the tennis, golf, angling and social clubs
Additional details: helpful to be a driver with own car
Hours: An average of 40 hours per week,
Responsible Consultant: Kelly Bothomley