HOUSE MANAGER JOB
We are looking for a highly qualified House Manager ideally from a technical background to work in a large Hampstead home,
- Identifying and ensuring that any maintenance issues are dealt with
- Daily visual checking of both inside & outside house including all technical rooms &
- equipment (IT, audiovisual, lighting, room temperatures & humidity, etc.)
- Liaising with contractors and monitoring quality and deadlines for works done and service provided; competition quotes obtained on annual contracts and comparison made.
- Ensure that the property is maintained to the highest possible standards at all times
- Annual performance audit of contractors
- Scheduling and supervising household maintenance and repairs with contractors and service companies; check and monitor completed work
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and periodic maintenance inspections
- Respond to urgent maintenance calls
- Ensure that cost effective support and maintenance arrangements are put in place and regularly reviewed, using internal resources and external contractors where appropriate
- Ensuring that adequate planning and budgetary provision is made for maintenance and repair works and that continuity of service is optimized
- Identify contracts maturing / arising and plan for appropriate allocation of these contracts in advance
- Fix small repairs on a daily basis
- Ensure the House Manual is accurate and up-to-date
- Health & Safety Management: Ensure regular emergency equipment checks including fire and intruder alarms, emergency lighting and fire extinguishers are completed
- Liaising with Family Office & other property managers; Weekly updates to the Family Office
- Carrying out specific tasks and/or projects requested by the Family (ex: assisting the Family & guests with specific requests (restaurant reservations, special events organization, etc.)
- Administrative tasks such as household budget & cash flow management; household bill payment management; contractor & suppliers’ database management
- Oversight of household purchases procedure.
- In charge of the staff house maintenance & management
- Management of storage facility and items therein.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of wine, spare equipment, household items, etc.
- Others: Staff supervision
- Management of household staff to ensure a smooth-running operation.
- HR duties for household staff. Reporting HR issues to PA and HR Director.
- In order to ensure an impeccable maintenance of the property up to the Principal’s standards, backup of House manager for: Staff management (ex: working rota; time sheets; holiday planning; staff issues handling)
- Securing the house during the Family's absence
- Occasional chauffeuring duties
- Oversight of security team
5 days a week
80K gross per annum