House Manager Job
An opportunity has become available for a driven, adaptable and exceptionally discreet House Manager to oversee the operation and day to day running of a large Estate in Surrey, South-East England and facilitate the smooth running of their employer’s affairs.
The family are International with three generations using the Estate however it’s the main residence to the Senior principals. The Family like a relaxed/informal environment however the house has very high standards which need to be maintained and the Principals have a very hands on approach as to how the household is run. They do have dogs so it is essential that you are confident around dogs and happy to work in an animal friendly environment.
This is a new role and so you will work closely with the principal to implement a new set of policies and structures to allow the Estate to reach optimal efficiency. You will be managing both live in and daily interior and exterior staff, some of which have been with the family for many years. The team consists of: Housekeepers/Maids, Chef, Gardeners, Maintenance staff, Security and Administration.
The successful candidate will have a superb degree of organisational and interpersonal skills and will be able to provide a high degree of flexibility to the client. Someone who is proactive and has an intelligent approach to problem solving with an open, transparent and straightforward work ethic will be the best fit with the family. An events/hospitality background will also be considered with a vast experience of working in a very hectic, fast moving, environment where planning, logistics and co-ordination is key to ensuring the smooth running of large events/conferences.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong experience and a proven track record in a similar managerial role to work in a beautiful property and make the position their own.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily administration, management and coordination of domestic staff, including recruitment, training and performance reviews
• Liaising and working closely with the family’s Private Office in Mayfair
• Managing Staff Rota’s and holiday requests to ensure smooth running of the household
• Writing job descriptions for individual staff members and rolling out to the staff their key areas of responsibility
• Organising and managing the day to day interactions with third party service providers working on the Estate (suppliers, architects, builders etc.)
• Travel booking and diary management
• Managing a Household budget
• Arranging daily/weekly meetings with the Principals
• Providing administrative support which may include paying utility bills/contractors
• Running personal errands
• Travel within and (very occasional) outside of the UK House Manager/Butler
Key Requirements and Desirable Attributes
- A proven track record in a similar position
- Fluency in the English language
- A leader with the ability to use ones initiative and work well under pressure and prioritise
- Comfortable working both independently without supervision and also collaboratively with the Principal
- A high degree of flexibility and availability - being a new role this is essential
- A strong educational background is desired
Salary: £55,000 - £70,000 GPA
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
Start date: flexible for the right candidate
Live in or out: ideally live out, although accommodation can be sourced for the right candidate
Responsible consultant: Jen Russell (firstname.lastname@example.org)