Greycoat Lumleys are delighted to be assisting a private client to source and place a detail orientated multilingual House Manager in Venice, Italy. The ideal candidate will have a background in private service and show longevity with previous employers as well as verifiable references. The right candidate should be happy managing the household being the contactable eyes and ears for the client at this unique property located in a central location. When the Principal is in residence, the successful candidate should facilitate and oversee all service of the travelling service team. Please note that this is a live out position. Candidates who are discreet and can read a room are preferred by the principal.
The successful candidate would be required to fulfill the following list of duties;
Household Management Duties
- Managing the property in Venice to the highest standard ensuring aesthetically and operationally the property is running to the Principal’s standards both inside and outside.
- Ensuring that planned maintenance and planned repairs are carried out in a timely manner when required.
- Liaising with contractors and any workmen ensuring their works are finished to a high standard and payment made on time.
- Liaising with the security company and technology suppliers and services ensuring their smooth running.
- Overseeing the ordering of provisions for the home in a timely manner and to the Principals tastes and requirements.
- Managing the financial accounts for the property, keeping up to date record of all expenditure to be presented to the Principal or the appointed person.
- Other general administrative tasks needed to support the day to day running of the household.
- Maintaining close contact with other staff members based in London to coordinate the Principal’s schedule and requirements.
Valet and Butler Duties
- Providing a full valeting service to the Principal when in residence, to include pressing of clothes, polishing of shoes and full wardrobe management including packing and unpacking when required for travel.
- Laundry management, overseeing that carried out in property and those sent out ensuring both are of the highest quality.
- Caring for all valuable possessions including high value artwork, antiques, china, wine etc.
- Overall cleaning and upkeep of the property including regular deep cleaning when the Principal is not in residence.
- Cooking and food preparation on occasion when Principal is present. (Large events will be professionally catered)
- Caring for valuable possessions
- Temporary housekeepers can be engaged during busy times.
Valuable assets for this positon;
- Previous House Manager Experience
- Some cooking skills or experience
- Computer Literate
- Valid Passport and right to work in Italy
- Previous experience living in Venice would be advantageous but not essential
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Live Out
Salary: €45,000.00-€ 50,000.00 per year (Gross)
- Italian- Practical level of spoken and written understanding.
- English Fluent
JOB ID: 98147
Consultant; Andy Hodges