House Manager Job
An opportunity has become available with a returning client of Greycoat Lumleys for a proactive, amenable and discreet House Manager to support a family of three within their property in Surrey.
The ideal candidate will be happy to be hands on and assist wherever necessary and adapt their approach to the needs and wishes of the principals.
The role will ensure all aspect of service and maintenance of the property are carried out to the highest of standards. You will also be expected to coordinate other members of the household staff to guarantee a smooth running of the property.
Our client is looking for a candidate with a number of years within the private sector and a proven track record of managing a private household and staff.
The successful candidate should have excellent written and spoken communication skill and be able to multitask and manage numerous diaries. They will often be require to think on their own feet to meet last minute changes in circumstances and find a practical solution to any problem without a disturbance to the Principals.
Candidates must have outstanding attention to detail, be extremely organised and be able to both implement and maintain organisation systems throughout the household. The role will require a strong knowledge of Microsoft and IOS software and systems.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring the need and wishes of the family are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Running personal errands
- Making sure the household is always kept in a presentable and maintained manner (both internal and external)
- Overseeing household staff including Housekeeper, Chefs, Chauffeurs, Groundsman as well as external staffing and contractors
- Coordinating external visitors
- Running food and beverage service
- Budget management
- Managing stock levels and supplies
- Purchasing groceries in coordination with the Chef (both fresh and dried goods)
- Management of household technology systems including AV, automations, security and entry intercom
- Liasie with local councils and estate bodies on behalf of the Principals
- Working with the Principals and their EA to coordinate the family's movement
Start date: May-June 2021
Accommodation and use of vehicle is available with prior discussion with the Principals
Salary: £40-50,000 gross per annual depending on experience and package
Responsible consultant: Aaron Lebon - firstname.lastname@example.org