An opportunity has become available for a traditional Butler/House Manager to oversee the running of a beautiful family Estate in the Cotswolds.
You will make sure that butler and front of house services are maintained to the highest operational standards at all times. They will also have responsibility for the oversight of housekeeping staff and the development and implementation of systems and processes for ensuring the smooth running of the house.
The successful candidate will apply a flexible, hands on approach, be a good team player and have good practical and leadership skills.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking traditional Butler duties including answering of calls, receiving and announcing guests and the formal service of refreshments and meals when the Principal is in residence
- In consultation with the Principal choosing wine for meals, care of the wine cellar and maintenance of the extensive wine inventory
- On occasion the preparation of meals such as a breakfast, light lunch or supper in the absence of the full-time Chef
- Valeting for the Principal, including clothing and shoe care
- Cleaning of silver and care of fine antiques and art
- Responsibility for the care of fine china, silver and glassware
- Supervising and developing inexperienced staff
- Oversight of house management processes including, training, budgeting, procurement, expenditure and accounting for all household services
- Co-ordination of duties with the Housekeepers and Head Gardener ensuring on site caretaking capability exits at all times
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Full time, days off will most likely be Tuesday and Wednesday
Accommodation: a cottage will be provided on the Estate
Salary: £50k GPA