A private boarding school, with a strong international presence, is currently looking for House Parents to join their team from January 2021. This is a fantastic role and the client wants to welcome candidates from all backgrounds including those with pastoral experience, teaching experience and those who have worked with children in different settings. With a new management team in place, it's set to be an exciting 2021 for this school and something that candidates will want to be part of.
- Being a House Parent in one of the twelve houses on campus.
- Running a house of either girls or boys looking after either 12-16 year olds, or 16-18 year olds.
- Working six days a week, with one 24 hour period off.
- Working four hours day, which leaves you the rest of the day free to do what you wish including getting involved in teaching, tutoring, taking clubs etc.
- Waking the children and taking them to breakfast, and then checking them in to registration.
- Ensuring the cleaners know their tasks for their day.
- Overseeing the cleanliness of the house you are responsible for and ensuring that communal areas are tidy, and that tasks such as laundry are done.
- Helping the children with homework in the evening.
- Dispensing medication, where required, but with the specific instruction of the on-duty School Nurses.
- Carrying out lights out and room checks.
- Generally being an ear to your pupils and a shoulder to cry on.
- Being there for the pupils and getting to know them.
- Any extra duties such being on call overnight or exam invigilation will be paid extra.
- Enjoy working with children and have previous experience in doing so.
- Want to get involved within school life and immerse yourself with a learning environment.
- Take an interest in your pupils and what they enjoy.
- Will spend time with your students and help them with what they need, attend their games and their performances.
- Work well within a team.
- Feel confident at managing others and setting tasks for team members to do.
- Have a flexible and adaptable attitude to work.
- Are able to get stuck into a role and will always give it your all.
- Are passionate about making a difference in children's lives.
The three main characteristics that our client is looking for are Empathy, Resilience and Personality. If you feel this is you, then let's put you forward!
If this is something you are interested in or perhaps haven't thought of schools before, please do get in touch and have a chat! We are always looking for fantastic applicants to join the team.
Hours: 6 days per week 07.30-09.30, 21.00 -23.00 with the rest of the day spare
Salary: £18,500 GPA, but paid for any extras that you do
Accommodation: 1 bedroom flat provided within the house
Start: January 2021
Responsible Consultant: Diana - firstname.lastname@example.org