Live In or Live Out Housekeeper Job Thirsk North Yorkshire
A new Housekeeper is being sought to take on a highly recommended role initially to work alongside the current Housekeeper and then to take over from her on her retirement at Easter 2021.
Our client is a single elderly lady who lives in a substantial Georgian house (4 beds and 5 reception rooms) near Thirsk.
The client and her home are currently looked after by the outgoing housekeeper (who has been in position for 22 years) and by full time carers.
The Housekeeper's role will include:
- Hands on cleaning of the house which includes an extensive collection of artworks and antique furniture - working to a high standard
- All food shopping and preparation (traditional English food e.g. roasts, stews and soups and continental dishes such as lasagne). Cooking fresh daily and also leaving meals for the client and carers on the Housekeepers days off
- All household shopping and personal shopping
- Looking after guests – very occasional lunch guests and occasional visiting family
- Arranging the maintenance of the house and household appliances, including dealing with any house-related emergencies
- Dealing with utility companies, internet service providers etc in relation to the provision of services to the property
- Managing the part-time gardener and organising additional help in the gardens (which extend to approximately 1 acre) as and when required
- Covering the carers’ two hour daily breaks
- Liaison with carer agency regarding the logistics of caring arrangements (handover times etc) and participating in six monthly review meetings, arranging cover for the carer’s breaks during the Housekeeper’s holidays
- Driving the client and the carer to medical and other (e.g. social) appointments
- Managing and accounting for the household finances and liaison with the family office.
Driver (car provided for work use but you will need your own car for personal use) and non-smoker essential
Hours: 8am to 8pm, with two hours of breaks in total per day, taken to fit in with the carer’s breaks, five days per week, normally Monday to Friday with some flexibility on weekends essential.
Salary: £30,000+ gpa
Accommodation IF REQUIRED: in addition to their bedroom the housekeeper will have her own sitting room and (except on the rare occasions when a guest comes to stay) the sole use of a bathroom
Contact Laura Harrall Managing Consultant for Yorkshire 01298 600 414 firstname.lastname@example.org