Greycoat Lumleys’ client are seeking a Housekeeper for their stunning property in the Scottish Borders. The historic property is open to the public for part of the year and offers luxurious en suite rooms on a B&B basis throughout the year. We also have a number of small weddings and occasional dinners in the house. The majority of business takes place during the summer months with the winter months being fairly quiet.
There is also a part time housekeeper/cleaner who the housekeeper will oversee.
Applicants should be able to carry out housekeeping to the highest standard, be aware of the fragility of historic items and be willing to undertake strenuous cleaning.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent individual who enjoys working with the public. Experience in hospitality is an advantage. Clean driving licence and car ownership essential.
The housekeeper is responsible for:
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the house
- Welcoming and looking after B&B guests and cooking morning breakfasts.
- Overseeing and cleaning bedrooms, laundry and ironing for B&B guests.
- Overseeing weddings and small events that take place in the house.
- Occasional flower arranging in the house for rooms open to the public.
- Ensuring any repairs needed to furniture, textiles or paintings are reported and carried out.
- Undertaking thorough cleaning of the house during the winter months and some conservation and maintenance.
- Maintaining inventory of crockery, cutlery and linen.
- Overseeing evening functions and events in the house and ensuring the house is locked and secure after the guests have left.
Start Date: ASAP
Accommodation: Spacious flat on second floor of main house provided free of charge rates and all utility bills paid. They will also accept a well behaved dog or cat.
Salary: £20K to £25K depending on experience
Hours: 40 per week. There is also occasional evening work. Holidays should be taken outside of July and August.
Job Number: 92653
We will only respond to applicants with relevant experience we will take to the next stage of the process