Housekeeper Job Nantwich Cheshire
A returning client of Greycoat Lumleys looking to recruit an experienced and passionate Housekeeper to join their small, close-knit team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to progress their career alongside an ever-growing and ambitious, country house and events business.
The historic property and family home has recently been transformed into a unique events venue with a growing reputation for offering an unprecedented and luxurious experience. They host approximately 70 events each year, mostly on Fridays and Saturdays and mostly weddings. They are also open the public once a week between April and October and let the cottages out as holidays lets outside the events.
You will very much become a part of the events family, meaning that you will be interacting closely with each member of our team as well as the owners, whilst also undertaking an assortment of client facing roles. A friendly and warm disposition along with an understanding that you are there to provide our guests with the very best of services is essential.
The housekeeping department is key to helping create a clean, luxurious and orderly environment for family and guests alike. Tight turnarounds between guests and events require you to be very well organised, efficient and have an ability to adapt and work well under pressure. You will also need to display high energy and commitment to acute attention to detail.
Report to the head housekeeper, follow schedules, guidelines and tasks as per instruction
Cleaning: be adept in the art of housekeeping tasks, as well as looking after antiques and art within the house following guidelines.
Laundry: all the laundry is done in house using state of the art Miele machines
Accommodation: turning the Hall bedrooms and Cottages around after guests have stayed in the accommodation. Including checking inventories and reporting damages per bedroom. Turn arounds must combine speed and efficiency with a huge attention to detail
Breakfast for events: the morning after events you may be required to cook or /and assist with breakfast
Events: Maintaining interior housekeeping during an event and adapting to the needs of the guests. Turn down service and tidying repeatedly throughout the day, as well as being responsible for guest bedroom and general area care
Guests: Nothing is too much for or guests and making them feel welcome is paramount
Lost Property: Ensuring lost property is kept safely, recorded and reported to management
Stock levels and inventories: Assist with stock level checks of all consumables and products, as well as inventories throughout the properties
Tidiness: Keeping storage areas organised and orderly
Equipment: Maintain equipment
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum two years’ proven experience as a housekeeper in a high standard establishment (essential)
- Must have the ability to cook breakfast
- Ideal candidate would have a hospitality background
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, whilst maintaining a high level of performance
- Initiative and time management skills
- A “can do” attitude and ability to adapt to change as the business grows and your role develops
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and take on a number of duties
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- Driving license
- The estate is a private family home and event venue, situated outside Nantwich
- Day shift including weekends: working days and hours to be confirmed in advance via a monthly rota
- Days and hours are subject to change dependant on events
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- You will be required to work on most event days. Weddings tend to take place twice a week, on a Friday and Saturday
- This role is multi-faceted and no one day will be the same. You will be expected to perform a range of duties within both business and family environments.
Full-time 40-50 hours per week
£18,000 to £20,000 depending on experience
Contact Laura Harrall Managing Consultant for Cheshire 01298 600 414 email@example.com