We are working with a school in South West London to source a Household Manager. This school provides fully catered, managed accommodation to the ladies living within the estate. The purpose of this job is to provide a high standard of cleaning and housekeeping services to ensure that the building is always representable and provides a comfortable place for residents and employees to work and live.
- Fully paid for 1 bedroom apartment in Kensington
- Bills and internet included
- Free meals whilst on Duty
- Full bedroom clean only 3 times per year
- To manage and oversee the Housekeepers / Au-pairs at QAH.
- To assist with food preparation and service for residents during dining term times.
- To assist the General Manager (Principal) in the running of the residence and any duties required.
- To liaise with both internal and external partners to ensure that a first-class service is always delivered and to continually work to build an engaging community at QAH
- General Housekeeping Duties
- Cleaning accommodation and staff areas as per designated routine as well as some ad-hoc request from line manager (bedrooms are cleaned only 3x per year)
- To ensure housekeeping / au-pair staffing levels are correct for business needs.
- Ensure pre-set staff rotas are adhered to or flexed to meet business demands.
- To be an active member of the House Committee, attend meetings, write reports and take minutes when necessary.
- To continually provide training to develop a high performing team
- To induct all new members of the Housekeeping / Au-pair team
- Assist in the recruitment by selecting Housekeeping / Au-pair staff effectively in line with company procedures.
- To feedback to the General Manager (Principal) any training needs you identify.
- To ensure all team members are aware of their responsibilities and are preforming all duties to a consistently high standard.
- To ensure that all staff adhere to safeguarding, security and privacy rules when working in communal areas and bedrooms.
- Always maintain key security.
- To carry out regular room inspections and audits and report any defects that require attention to maintenance manager.
- Control stock levels of linen, cleaning chemicals and consumables to ensure costs and budgets are adhered too.
- Prepare / display and serve appropriate quantities of food in a timely manner. Prepare, cook and/or assemble sandwiches, burgers, fries, salads, meats, fruit, vegetables, and cookies.
- To portion and present food; to prepare the counter/trolley/take away area etc for food service.
- To serve and clear the counter and liaise with residents
- Prepare food service facilities for the serving of food; assure that serving lines are properly stocked with adequate food, beverages, and supplies; count and set out an appropriate number of food trays; prepare the steam table for serving hot meals.
- Heat, portion and serve food to residents and staff.
- Count and maintain inventory records and notify supervisor of needed supplies. Maintain work areas and serving areas in a clean, sanitary, and safe condition; wash and clean counters and steam tables; wash and store equipment, pots, pans, trays, and other food service items.
- Assist in storing unused food and supplies to assure compliance with health and sanitation standards; dispose of unusable leftovers and trash.
- Train new food service employees and student workers as assigned.
- Educated to College Level
- Experience / Knowledge of and experience in Cleaning and Sanitising rooms to varying levels to meet requirements
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations Understanding of Housing related Health and Safety issues and standards.
- Security and safety conscious
- Previous experience of working in a busy customer focused or service environment.
- Patient and able to gain residents trust and sensitive to their needs
- Good organisational skills, the ability to be flexible and work unsupervised and to plan and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Good Customer Service skills To operate in a multi social / cultural environment and be sensitive to possible cultural differences.
- Ability to complete property / room inspections and work alone as required. Proven Fire Safety.
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
Hours: 40 hours spread across the working week, required to work 2 (on the rare occasion 3) weekends out of 4
Salary: £22,000-£24,000 GPA depending on experience
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (email@example.com)