Our client is a family of leading independent schools providing an all-round high quality academic education for boys and girls between the ages of 2 and 11 and for girls only between the ages of 11 and 18. This is initially a 2 term contract position however it is likely it will be extended.
- To provide the girls with the best possible experience of a boarding education, providing a ‘home from home’ experience.
- To build a strong, personal relationship with each of the girls in her care, recognising their individual needs, and to support other members of the House team in meeting those needs.
- To work closely with the relevant Head of School and Tutors, ensuring continuity of care for the girls and to liaise effectively and promptly with parents and guardians.
- To manage effectively and efficiently the staffing, organisation and resources of the House.
- To oversee Health and Safety standards and requirements within the House.
- To implement and maintain the National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools for welfare and pastoral care in the House.
- To foster a culture of understanding where each child in the House feels valued and supported.
- To act, at all times, within the HLC Safeguarding policy guidelines, ensuring the welfare of the child is paramount.
- To share mealtimes with the Boarders and other members of staff in the Dining Room.
- To check that girls are in the correct uniform for the School day, but also that girls are appropriately dressed at other times. 8. Ensure that all girls’ clothing is in neat repair and named appropriately.
- Have a relevant professional background and strong pastoral skills.
- Have the requisite qualities, skills and experience to inspire girls of all ages and be willing to participate fully in the wider life of the School.
- Are hardworking, empathetic, maternal and want to get stuck in
- Values children and the contribution they bring
- Has a genuine love of working with children and are able and wanting to guide and mentor them
A full job description can be sent upon request
Start: September 2021
Salary: Negotiable - depending on experience
Hours: Full working week with 2 x periods of 24 hours off duty - more details can be provided upon request
Accommodation: The Housemistress post is a residential one and the Housemistress will be required to live within the House during term time. This accommodation will also be available during holiday time, should she so wish. The Housemistress’s family is entitled to stay in this accommodation but are subject to appropriate DBS checks, dependent on age. All meals are available for boarding staff in School during term time. The Housemistress will sign a Licence to Occupy for this accommodation.
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (email@example.com)