Our client is a school that caters exclusively for boys diagnosed with learning difficulties. The beautiful grounds provide the perfect setting for the boys the thrive and engage in a plethora of opportunities beyond the classroom. They are looking for a highly skilled and passionate Housemistress to support the boys with their pastoral needs helping them develop the skills need to successfully manage their learning difficulties.
- To be responsible, in conjunction with an assistant housemistress, for the boys' general welfare, health and presentation.
- The HM will be expected to help new boys to settle in and to look after all boys both on a day-to-day basis and in individually.
- With the rest of the team, the HM is expected to ensure that the boys are well turned-out and appropriately dressed.
- The PHM should monitor boys’ daily routine (including punctuality, meal attendance, diets, etc) and work with the rest of the social team to help boys meet expected standards.
- To assess illness and injuries, then to deal with minor problems and to refer to the Lead Nurse at the Medical Centre all other medical matters, in accordance with the advisory notes issued by the school doctor.
- To arrange orthodontic and physiotherapy appointments and to accompany and transport boys as necessary.
- To ensure that there is a clean and pleasant environment in the Social throughout the term. S/he works with the Housekeeping Management Team who are responsible for the cleaners and the standards the College requires.
- To liaise with the Housekeeping Management Team regarding the supervision of cleaners in the Social.
- To supervise the collection and redistribution of boys’ laundry. Liaising with the Housekeeping Management Team, ensure that boys’ personal clothing and items throughout the Social (like curtains) are kept in good repair.
- To liaise with the Tutor in ensuring that satisfactory and safe standards are maintained in the Social, including reporting any necessary repair or maintenance work to the Bursary.
- Be in charge of securing boys’ rooms at the end of term and at half terms.
- Will ideally have experience of working within a boarding school setting (or similar)
- Have a warm personality and an interest and in the wellbeing of the boys
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to deal with the changing needs of a boarding house
- Ability to cope calmly and effectively with emergencies when they arise
- Self-motivated but sensitive and empathetic
- Physically able to undertake the demands of the job
- Have plenty of patience and a good sense of humour
- Benefits include free meals and long school holidays
Please call to discuss more in detail
Start: September 2021
Salary: £20,000k-£30,000k depending on experience
Accommodation: Huge private room (space for double bed, sofa and table) with a Kitchen, accommodation has it's own entrance.
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (firstname.lastname@example.org)