Our client is a co-education state boarding school for pupils aged 11-18 based in the beautiful town of Bruton in Somerset, as a school they are ambitious for their students’ academic achievements and provide an inclusive, friendly environment producing confident young citizens.
They are looking to recruit and experienced Houseparent to join their amazing team from September 2021.
- To lead the residential team responsible for the welfare and pastoral care of the male and female boarders’ resident in the boarding house.
- Contribute to the Senior Boarding Team responsibility for delivering National Minimum Standards and the development of Boarding in the school
- Provide Strategic and Operational Leadership of the boarding house
- Take a lead role in monitoring behaviour in boarders in accordance with the behaviour policy
- Provide pastoral support for those in your care
- Ensure the comprehensive and timely completion of necessary documents
- Liaise and communicate with parents on all matters relating to boarders within the house and the Estate Manager in regards to maintenance and issues relating to the day-to-day running of the house.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in boarding or in a residential care setting
- Good knowledge of safeguarding requirements and ability to work and communicate with young people
- Ability to lead others and challenge, support and resolve underperformance if identified.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including influencing skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a range of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently including the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to show an understanding of, and support for the School’s approach to dress, behaviour, academic study, involvement in activities beyond the classroom and manners
- Have an empathetic, cheerful outlook with plenty of energy and stamina
- A positive, can-do and solution focussed attitude with a flexible approach to work.
- Have driving licence
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
Start: September 2021
Hours: 3 evenings per week, 3 mornings and one full day and 6.5 hours of administration and compliance.
Salary: £22,000GPA - £30,000GPA depending on experience and ability to perform an additional role within the school either teaching or non-teaching.
Accommodation: 3 bedroom house within the grounds with stunning views
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (firstname.lastname@example.org)