A client of ours - an exclusive members-only sports club located in Notting Hill with a well-equipped kitchen serving lunch and dinner to members and guests 5 shifts over 7 days a week. Looking for Junior Sous chef to join their team ASAP.
• Competitive salary in relaxed, friendly environment
• 5 shifts over 40 hours
• 20 days holiday + bank holidays
• Genuine good work life balance
• Flexible shifts with opportunity to work both day and evening shifts
• Unique opportunity to develop recipes and plating techniques
• Unlimited food and coffee
• Supplier trips
• Competitive salary
- Responsible for the food offering as directed by the Chef in charge, to plan, prepare, monitor the quality of food, and ensure consistency in offering a high standard of cuisine to the guests, to include menus change regularly and modern British cuisine geared to the seasons.
- Work alongside the Sous Chef and Executive Chef to ensure a consistent standard of food is delivered in the main restaurant
- Assist the Executive Chef in devising the menus, costing, documenting, and implementing standards in the restaurant and across the operation as may be required to meet the needs of all the guest
- Good attitude and a passion for food
- Ambition and willingness to learn
- Be at home in a small team
- Ability to move about the kitchen as needed from pastry to sauce to grill
- Working unsupervised and organising own prep.
- Clean, neat, and methodical approach to work
- Able to work under pressure
- High standard of food hygiene
- A passionate individual and team player