Live In Chef Job in Somerset
A high net worth family are looking for a professional and experienced Chef to provide delicious meals for the family on a daily basis. This is the principals main residence; a beautiful fully staffed home on a large country Estate. We are looking for someone who has a passion for cooking, is creative and has stamina - who takes pride in their work and is happy to be flexible. The family like to graze so to ensure that there are snacks on the go and delicious things to eat. No specific dietary requirements, apart from fish on Fridays and no pork in the diet.
Other staff are employed including a Nanny, PA , House Manager and Housekeeper.
Duties to include:
- Cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for minimum 4 people, but numbers within the house could be up to 20.
- Cooking for 1 year old daughter
- Three course dinner in the evenings, with cocktails and canapes beforehand.
- Procuring of ingredients
- Stock control
- Planning the menus
- Love Mediterranean (Italian and light French in particular), and also Middle Eastern, but not masses of spice.
- Need to be able to cook on an AGA.
- Able to cope with large numbers including dinners and huge parties for 100 people.
A driver would be good due to location but not essential
Accommodation: Own bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen.
Hours: 5 days per week ( must be flexible to work occasionally 6 days per week - time off in lieu )
Salary: £45,000 gpa
Vacancy Number: 98720
Consultant to contact: Aaron Lebon