Live in Companion/Housekeeper/Cook
Three adults (one of whom is elderly), are looking for a Live in Companion/ Housekeeper/Cook to help them out in their apartment in Kensington.
The couple both work full time and travel regularly for work. One of the couple’s elderly mother lives with them too, so they need help with some assistance for her plus taking care of the apartment. The elderly lady has no health care concerns and needs no help with personal care.
Your duties will include:
- Preparing a simple breakfast for the elderly lady only
- Light housekeeping – cleaning, laundry & ironing
- Family cooking – must enjoy being creative for the elderly lady to make food tasty. She does not eat flour or anything fried. As a family they eat a variety of dishes and are happy for you to follow recipes.
- Taking the elderly lady for a 10 minute walk 1 - 2 times each week
- You will be required to sleep in the elderly ladies bedroom. If she wakes in the night and needs the toilet, an alarm will go off when her foot touches the floor so you must be able to assist her with walking to the bathroom. She can do all personal care herself, she is just a little unsteady on her feet, so needs help to balance and walk there.
- Sit with the lady to watch television & chat to her
- Help feed the two cats
The family are looking to possibly hire a driver in the future who will be able to take you and the elderly lady to the shops so she can get out and about after lockdown has fully eased. You must accompany her on outings to help with walking.
The ideal candidate will be well presented, flexible, professional, polite, intelligent, happy and positive.
House: 2 bedroom serviced apartment, but the family are currently looking to move into a larger 3 bedroom apartment nearby.
Hours: 6 days a week, Sundays off. Flexible hours. Your day will start with preparing breakfast with the elderly lady at 8.30/9.00am. You will be required to go to bed when the lady does at 11.00pm in the evenings.
Accommodation: Currently a shared bedroom and bathroom with the elderly lady. When they move into a new apartment, you will have your own bedroom and bathroom but must still sleep in the elderly ladies room at night time as a precaution.
Salary: £600 net per week, (approx. £42,786 gross per annum). Negotiable for the right candidate depending on experience.
Vacancy Number: 88188
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen