Live In Couple Job (Handyman and Housekeeper/Cook) in Berkshire.
Start date: 1st February 2020
The Principals – A lovely couple who have a history of employing long term staff, they have grown up children and grandchildren who visit
Location – An 8 bedroom main residence in rural location of Berkshire but still close to small villages and towns. The property is situated within a large country estate which belongs to their family.
Working Week – 5 day week Monday – Friday role, with flexibility required when the Principals’ family and friends visit on weekends.
Security of the property is required 7 days a week and when the principals go on holiday which is usually 1 or 2 weeks at one time
Accommodation – A 2 bedroom Cottage with its own private courtyard – a well behaved dog will be considered (Sorry no cats)
Salary - circa £52K gross combined
Start - February 2020
Housekeeper/ Cook Role – You should be an experienced Housekeeper who has worked in a private household before, who will work together alongside the principals running a country house.
· Ensuring the household is cleaned and organised
· Hands on with cleaning, washing and ironing
· Prepare simple light lunches for the principals and be happy to either prepare or assist with cooking traditional meals for when the family visit.
Handyman / Garden Maintenance Role – You should have some experience with garden maintenance they employ a full-time gardener who will need support at busy times of the year..
· Maintenance jobs around the house and estate/outbuildings, dealing with contractors where required, general caretaking duties
· Garden maintenance duties including lawn mowing, hedge cutting and strimming, chopping wood. Ideal if you can help with maintaining machinery
· Occasional driving duties local errands and pick ups
· Helping partner in the house when needed
· It would be beneficial if you have a shot gun licence for pest control
Ideally both should be drivers and own their own car
This role is suitable for a couple who are looking for a long term role, they require someone who can be flexible and who likes cats as you will look after their beautiful cat when they are away. They have 4 chickens that are looked after jointly by the couple and principals.
Responsible Consultant – Hannah Mckeown Job ID - 55099