Live In Couple or Single Housekeeper/Cook
A wonderful opportunity to work as a pivotal member of a friendly team supporting a lovely HNW family with two young children. Working within a stunning residence and working with a team of staff, the role offers broad scope, autonomy and teamwork, and the perfect opportunity for a motivated, self-directed Couple or individual.
Key areas of responsibility for the Housekeeper/Cook:
- Planning and presenting menus for approval
- Cooking healthy nutritious meals for the family (2 adults and 2 children) and nanny, and on occasions, preparing and cooking additional meals for their guests.
- Stocking household supplies and ordering groceries (Ocado) while maintaining a budget
- Working alongside a cleaner 2 days/week, organising, tidying and maintaining rooms in the house, including appliances, furnishings, fireplaces, plants, clothing, silver.
- Laundry and ironing; arranging dry cleaning, hand washing delicate items and arranging when needed a seamstress.
- Answering door and dealing with deliveries
- Caring for and occasionally walking the dog
- Monitoring contractors whilst they are in the house.
- Helping with dinner parties
- Running errands - dry cleaning/postage/collecting items, etc.
- Prepare and pack for holidays/weekends away (clothing, toiletries, etc).
- The family will shortly be acquiring a dog, so ideally a couple who loves dogs / animals
Key areas of responsibility for Property Maintenance/Driver/Houseman
- Carry out and oversee garden maintenance
- Responsible for the upkeep of all vehicles including, but not limited to booking services, repair work and general maintenance (checking tyre pressure, filling up screen wash, cleaning the cars)
- Reliable for driving the family and guests around when required, as well as doing driving errands
- Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the estate’s windows
- Oversee and take responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the pool and the heating/filter system.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the playground equipment to keep it safe and tidy for the children and their guests to play on
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the estate including, but not limited to, ordering gas, ordering oil deliveries; making sure firewood is available and prepared and keeping on top of the general upkeep of the external areas of the estate.
- To assist with serving drinks and canapés when the family have guests or are entertaining a party
Accommodation- A separate lovely 2 bedroom separate cottage is provided
Working Week - Monday through Friday 10.30am to 7.00pm with 30 minutes lunch break – 40 hour working week The odd weekend will be required
Start Date - August-September 2021
Driver - Both are required to drive
Salary - £65K-£75K gross per annum for a Couple
Responsible Consultant - Hannah Mckeown
Job ID 94276