Live in Couple Job, Oxfordshire
We have a fantastic opportunity for an professional and hands on couple to take care of beautiful formal household in a rural location, half an hour from Oxford and half an hour from Cheltenham.
You would be part of a team of house professionals, including a chef and a part-time housekeeper.
During term time, the family will divide their time between London and this country residence. During school holidays, they will be based at the country house full time.
Combined duties to include but not limited to:
- Housekeeping to a high standard - Cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, polishing, and caring after furniture, antiques, silver and glassware.
- Morning turnaround and nightly turn down service, for the family and guests
- Laundry for all family and household items, experience with fine fabrics and delicate items
- Front of house skills - experience with butlering and serving drinks and meals for formal occasions
- Responsible for cut flowers and house plants.
- Driving – Ideally both candidates will drive and be happy with driving duties, taking care of the vehicles also required.
- One of the candidates to work with the gardening team for 2/3 days per week.
- Regular of swimming pool and tennis court
- Security of the property, locking up and ensuring everything is closed and the alarm systems are in good working order.
- Overseeing maintenance and DIY of the interior and exterior of the property
- Liaising with contractors where appropriate.
Start date: As soon as possible
Working week: 5 days a week, Tuesday and Wednesday are days off
Working Hours: Flexible working hours’ essential. Working weekends with two days off mid-week.
Uniform: Excellent presentation required. Black and white clothes to be worn during your working hours
Accommodation: 2 bedroom apartment - ok for pets
Salary: £65 - £70k gross combined
Job reference number: 96974
Responsible consultant: Nicola Forster