Live in Couple Job, Oxfordshire
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced hands on couple to take care of beautiful formal household in a rural location.
During term time, the family will divide their time between London and this country residence. During school holidays, they will be based at the country house full time.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Housekeeping - Cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, polishing, and caring after furniture, antiques, silver and glassware.
- Morning turnaround and nightly turn down service, for the family and guests
- Laundry for all family and household items. Experience with fine fabrics and delicate items
- Responsible for cut flowers and house plants.
- Cooking to involve a combination of every day and formal dinner party meals.
- Front of house - Meeting and greeting employers and their guests at the door, helping with luggage into the house, parking cars.
- Serving drinks and butler service for formal dinner parties.
- Driving – Ideally both candidates will drive and be happy with driving duties, taking care of the vehicles also required.
- Taking care of swimming pool and tennis court
- Maintenance and DIY of the interior and exterior of the property
- One of the candidates to work with the gardening team for 3/5 days per week.
- Security of the property, locking up and ensuring everything is closed and the alarm systems are in good working order.
- Liaising with contractors where appropriate.
- Ideally, one of the candidates would divide their time between working with gardening team and cooking for the family and the other candidate would divide their time between housekeeping and laundry.
Start date: As soon as possible
Working week: 5 days a week, Tuesday and Wednesday are days off
Working Hours Flexible working hours essential. Working weekend with two days off mid-week.
Uniform: Excellent presentation required. Black and white clothes to be worn during your working hours
Accommodation: Provided, separate from the main house
Salary: Negotiable for the right couple
Job Reference number: 87788
Responsible Consultant: Nicola Forster