Live In Couple Job, Surrey
An experienced domestic couple is required to join an established team to take on the roles of Head Housekeeper and Handyman across two properties in Surrey
The primary property is a contemporary home which sits within 13 acres where the owner resides full-time. His partner and her two children (who weekly board) currently base themselves at this property but also split their time between her home which is a short distance away.
The principal property is currently undergoing additional building works which are due to be completed in May 2021 at which time all family members and staff will occupy the main residence.
This is a live-in role with separate accommodation provided. Given the construction phase and the split between two residences, the couple will first be based at the secondary house in a small separate cottage (Phase 1) and will move into newly built separate accommodation once completed (Phase 2).
The two households have a well-defined and clear culture of professionalism and a desire to work at the highest level is key. A positive and happy can-do attitude permeates throughout the households and we are looking for a professional and positive couple to join the existing household team.
Key Combined Responsibilities
- Head Housekeeper will be part of and lead a team of 3 staff that cover house cleaning and laundry duties
- Meticulous management of clothing organisation essential
- Ensure all periodic cleaning, house management and maintenance works are carried out against a detailed checklist
- Handyman to work on a wide range of general maintenance projects as well as gardening equipment and systems maintenance duties
- Valet duties & occasional driving
- Occasional family cooking and meal preparation
- Assist with family pets when required
- Proven experience working within a private household
- Highly flexible (5-day week which will include some weekend and evening work, with mostly two consecutive days off & no less than one weekend a month)
- Experience with formal service of fine wine and food
- Family style cooking preferred
- Team players with a good sense of pro-activity and flexibility
- Highly professional and a clear sense of taking pride in their work
- Loyal, punctual, and trustworthy
- Fluent English
- Clean driving licences
- Computer Literate a distinct advantage
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- Working Week: 5 Days / Week – flexibility and weekend/evening work required
- Start: September onwards
- Accommodation: 1 Bedroom cottage to begin with until new accommodation is ready when a new separate accommodation comprising x 1 bedroom, en suite bathroom, lounge and kitchen
Responsible Consultant - Hannah Mckeown
Job ID - 87379