Live in Couple Job, West Sussex,
We have a great position for a professional and mature couple to take care of a beautiful weekend residence in West Sussex. The ideal couple will have a strong formal background and work to a high standard. They are looking for a couple who take instruction well from the Lady of the house and who also work on their own initiative. You will be replacing a couple who are retiring after 20years.
Duties to include:
- Laundry, ironing and fabric care to include all linen.
- Care of fine furnishing, delicate items and antiques
- Ensure the house is prepared when the principals arrive
- Flower arranging
- Household administrative duties, (must be computer literate)
- Household shopping
- Table settings
- Service and front of house
- Light maintenance of the interior of the property
- Pool maintenance
- Deal with contractors
- Daily Cooking, confident with cooking Game and traditional English dishes
- Cater for occasional dinner parties and family BBQ'S, up to 12 people.
- Work alongside the gardeners to make use of the kitchen garden.
Start date: For the right couple
Working week: The family visit predominantly at weekends therefore the working week consists of working the weekends and taking Tuesday and Wednesday off during the week. The family do, however, travel abroad frequently and at these times you may take the weekends off and work during the week.
Salary: £50 - £60k - depending on experience
Driving: A car will be provided with this position for work errands, however the successful couple must have their own car for personal use.
Accommodation: The accommodation provided is a 2 bedroom self contained flat adjoining the main house with a private entrance and garaging. An indoor cat is welcome
Job reference number:89957
Responsible Consultant: Nicola Forster