Live In Groundsman/Maintenance Engineer Job, Farnham Surrey
Our client owns a large private house based in Surrey/Hampshire. They are looking for an experienced Groundsman Maintenance Engineer. The grounds have recently been renovated and therefore we are looking for someone who has previous experience in private households. This is an amazing opportunity to work in a very unique and luxury environment.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organised and proactive, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. A strong knowledge of AV and groundskeeping is required. It would be advantageous if the candidate was also interested in gardening and dog friendly. This will be a fast moving role, with changes, so the ability to prioritise, remain flexible, and adapt is key. As this is a new role, there is scope to add more with the right candidate
- Maintenance – to take on any maintenance required such as moving furniture, hanging art/mirrors, changing light bulbs
- AV – an understanding of the CCTV, music and media systems around the property, to keep everything updated and check all is working smoothly before the family come to stay. It would also be advantageous if the candidate was comfortable using Outlook, Word, Excel, but not necessary, however they will need to be comfortable with using email, whatsapps, calendar and search engines from their phone
- Grounds Work – maintain the grounds in line with the landscape designers plans, watering plants where required, cleaning the decking, repairs to fence. If a keen gardener/interested there are veg beds that require regular work as well. There are gardeners but they will only come in as an when needed for anything specialist.
- Utilities – some of the systems that run the property are quite specialist, so a knowledge of them is not required, but the ability to learn about them is.
- Maintaining the standards required by the family. This may be more or less than the candidate is previously used to but the ability to adapt to their expectations is important.
- Where the candidate does not have the skills for something that is required, they will then Act as a liaison with suppliers and contractors, providing supervision and technical support to book in for repairs and servicing
- The potential to run errands or drive family members
- Regularly liaising and reporting to the family’s PA to ensure that everything runs smoothly, with the least amount of disruption to the family
- Dog friendly
You are required to have Driving Licence
Accommodation: Separate cottage away from Main residence
Salary: £40K - GPA
Start Date - ASAP
Job reference number: 101096
Responsible consultant: Aaron Lebon aaron@greycoatlumleys