Live in Head Gardener /Caretaker Job, Devon
A long standing client of Greycoat Lumleys is looking for an experienced and hardworking Head Gardener to work on a beautiful Estate in Devon. You will be working in co-operation with the Estate Manager who works 2 days per week. The property consists of 50acres, comprising 8 acres of gardens
You will be assisted by a full time grounds man and a part time gardener.
The duties will include:
- Taking care of the vegetable garden, fruit cage and Green house
- Using the produce from the garden when the family are in residence
- Maintain the parkland and woodland
- Maintenance of the swimming pool, tennis court and other leisure facilities;
- Care of chickens;
- Supervision of outside contractors (with the Estate Manager)
- Occasional driving.
The ideally candidate will have a positive and friendly attitude and work well with others and as part of a team.
Start date: Looking for the right candidate
Working week: Summer and Winter working schedule
Accommodation: One bedroom Cottage, partner and a pet welcome
Salary: £20-£25k, Negotiable for the right candidate and depending on experience.
Job reference number: 84830