Live in Housekeeper job
A UHNW household in Chelsea are looking for a Housekeeper to help them out. You will work alongside a full time daily and part time Housekeeper. The family already employer a PA who helps organise and run the house. There are also 2 x Nannies and a Driver employed at the house.
The couple have 7 children, with only the three youngest boys living at home aged 13, 12 and 2.5 year old boys. The teenage boys attend boarding school and are home on some of holidays as they mostly travel with either their mother or father, and they will be at home every other weekend, when not with their father.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining/overseeing the cleanliness of the house - shared daily cleaning and communicating well to cover all areas of the house.
- Laundry and ironing – sending out dry cleaning
- Packing for trips and wardrobe management
- Polishing silver and brass
- Flower arranging
- Packing the children’s school uniforms / for vacations
- Service at meal times
- Cooking for the boys when they are home and on the rare occasion for the principals.
- Restocking household goods, running errands, creating inventories, grocery shopping and online ordering
- Travel to France (St Tropez) for 4-6 weeks in the summer. Potentially to travel to the Bahamas.
- Front of house - Letting in guests to the house, taking their coats, and making them tea/coffee, offering wine, snack etc…
The family will be moving into their newly refurbished home soon and you will move with them (also in Chelsea).
The ideal candidate will be switched on, able to use their own initiative and have excellent communication skills. They must also be flexible and be able to work really well in a team. This is a formal house that requires great attention to detail and getting a job done.
House: 5 x bedrooms, 2 x reception rooms, cinema Room, kitchen and a top floor studio.
Hours: 5 days week, Wednesday – Sunday, 12 hour shift with 2 hour break.
Accommodation for live in: Your own bedroom, en-suite bathroom and kitchenette on the basement level of the home.
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen