Full time Live in Head Housekeeper
An UHNW family in Kensington are looking for a Live in Head Housekeeper to help them out. The family are based abroad but visit London throughout the year, staying typically 3-6 weeks at any one time, usually in the school holidays (typically June - august & Christmas). The Principal also occasionally visits for a few days here and there for business trips.
Mum and dad have 5 children aged between 3-15 years old and also sometimes bring a dog with them too so you must be child and pet friendly.
This is a new position as their home has been newly refurbished. It is extremely high end and high tech so someone tech savvy would be a huge bonus. They have currently a part time cleaner that takes care of the home all year-round, however they would now like to find someone hands on who can also oversee her and the other staff they bring with them when visiting. You will be responsible for taking care of the property, plus also check in on their other properties in London (nearby). There is the potential of this role developing into House Manager in a couple of years time.
Your duties will include:
- Hands on cleaning, laundry, ironing and wardrobe care
- Overseeing the part time housekeeper (and also additional staff that come into the property when they visit)
- Restocking of household goods/inventories
- Weekly checks of other properties nearby – leaks, pipes post, alarms etc.
- Service at dinner parties- these are usually just with extended family members
- Occasional light snack preparation for a child when in residence if required (e.g sandwiches)
- Running errands/handling deliveries
- Travelling (up to 2 months over the year) to Qatar & South of France (Cannes)/elsewhere with the family if required
The ideal candidate will be friendly, have a warm disposition and be discreet. You must have high standards of housekeeping and be able to check others work and train new staff if required. It is also ideal if you have had VIP household experience and/or worked in Hotels previously.
You must be vaccinated and hold an EU Passport.
House: Main residence is 6 storeys, 14 bedrooms
Weekly checks on the family’s other 5 apartments and a 4 bed house in Hampstead – to collect post and check for leaks/security etc.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 4.00pm when family not in residence & 7 days a week, all hands on deck when family in residence, typically 9.00am – 9.00pm with breaks in the day.
Accommodation: Your own bedroom, ensuite bathroom, plus communal kitchen area and sitting room (only used by you 9 months of the year). Separate staff entrance.
When the family are in residence they will bring usually 4/5 additional staff with them who will also use the other staff bedrooms and bathrooms plus share the communal living spaces.
Salary: £50,000 gross per annum
Vacancy Number: 95492
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen