Live in Head Housekeeper job
A Semi-formal household in Central London are looking for a proactive, flexible switched on Live in Head Housekeeper to join their new team.
They already employ a Property Manager/PA, 3 Housekeepers who you will need to manage and oversee, a Driver, Chef and are in the process of hiring a full time Live out Laundress, and Butler who will also become part of your team.
Mum and dad have 1 teenage son based full time at the home in London due to his studies, plus 6 others who live between the family’s homes in Switzerland and London.
Your duties will include:
- Creating inventories, rota’s for the staff and schedules. The housekeepers you will oversee work two shifts currently (9.00am – 5.00pm & 4.00pm – 11.00pm)
- Service – making drinks as requested, setting the table (but Butler also there to do this!) Service at meals times/dinners if required.
- The children order in food from restaurants in the evenings, you must answer the door, plate their food and clear it away once finished (occasionally reheating it)
- Occasional light cooking- very simple food such as an omelette or sandwich/snacks on Chefs day off
- Assisting with housekeeping as needed including overseeing the other housekeepers- will include cleaning, laundry, ironing and making beds
- Travelling with the family abroad in the school holidays alongside other members of the team.
- Running errands and organising any dry cleaning
- Liaising with contractors- if something is broken, arranging to have it fixed
- Sourcing additional temporary/permanent staff if required
The ideal candidate will have had Service or Butler experience, be a team player, clear communicator, have good standards and be looking for longevity. You will be provided with a uniform and all meals will be provided when on duty
House: 4 storey, 8 bedroom family house
Hours: 5 days a week as part of a rota system, 9.00am – 9.00pm with lunch and dinner breaks.
Accommodation: Your own private bedroom with ensuite bathroom and separate staff entrance.
Vacancy Number: 93957
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen