Live in Housekeeper / Cook Job in South Bucks
Live in Housekeeper / Cook required near Fulmer, South Bucks, Start ASAP Salary £33k - £35k Gross Per annum (Approx £480 - £505 npw)
A lovely couple are looking for an experienced Housekeeper to join their family on a permanent basis . They have 3 grow up children and a toddler grandchild who live separately but visit on occasions. They reside in their beautiful and recently renovated countryside home with two German Shepherd dogs. The couple travels a few times per year, when you will be required to house and pet sit. These periods will not be longer than 2 months at a time. The couple already employs a PA and Gardeners. The household is informally run with the exception when they entertain and have some formal friends over. The ideal candidate will be someone who is switched on, proactive, efficient, loves dogs, is responsible and can take initiative. The house is located in beautiful grounds and would suit someone who enjoys the countryside.
Duties to include:
- Cleaning, laundry and ironing
- Family style cooking and meal preparation
- Dog walking, grooming and feeding (two German shepherd dogs)
- Reporting maintenance issues/faults and following them through (sorting a Handyman to get the issue fixed and inform the client via email if they are staying abroad at the time)
- Setting the alarms at night and regularly checking control panels
- Answering the phone and taking messages
- Grocery shopping and proactively restocking and preparing shopping lists
- Assisting with meals when extended family come to stay.
- Running errands
- House and pet sitting - when the couple are travelling
Driving essential and a car will be provided for work purposes (automatic).
Partners and dogs cannot be accommodated.
Accommodation: Recently refurbished high specification annex with own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and sitting room (all utility bills paid by the client).
Working Hours and Days: Monday – Friday 08:30-18:00 but with flexibility. Some weekend work required but time off in lieu to be arranged mutually
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000 gross per annum (which equates to approx.£480 - £505 net per week)
job number 94813
Consultant to Contact: Rebecca Liljeros