Live in Housekeeper / Cook Job in South Bucks
Live in Housekeeper / Cook required near Fulmer, South Bucks, Start ASAP Salary £35-36k Gross Per annum
A lovely couple are looking for an experienced Housekeeper to join their family on a permanent basis . They have 3 grow up children and a toddler grandchild who live separately but visit on occasions. They reside in their beautiful and recently renovated countryside home with two German Shepherd dogs. The couple travels a few times per year, when you will be required to house and pet sit. These periods will not be longer than 2 months at a time. The couple already employs a PA and Gardeners. The household is informally run with the exception when they entertain and have some formal friends over. The ideal candidate will be someone who is switched on, proactive, efficient, loves dogs, is responsible and can take initiative. The house is located in beautiful grounds and would suit someone who enjoys the countryside.
Duties to include:
- Cleaning (dusting and hoovering) all bathrooms, bedrooms and living areas, including unused rooms on a regular basis. Cleaning inside windows.
- Maintaining good hygiene practices in the kitchen. Awareness of stock control and checking foods for sell by dates. Cleaning the oven regularly.
- Laundry, washing and ironing
- Cooking (healthy, family meals normally one main meal a day)
- Food shopping
- Feeding, grooming and walking 2 German shepherd dogs.
- Watering plants.
- Administration - dealing with household maintenance, reporting problems, following up and chasing snagging issues. Responsibility for reviewing maintenance contracts and scheduling appointments accordingly for a variety of services including boilers, heaters, gutters, alarms etc.
- Maintaining accurate petty cash records on Excel.
Driving essential and a car will be provided for work purposes (automatic).
Partners and dogs cannot be accommodated.
Accommodation: Recently refurbished high specification annex with own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and sitting room (all utility bills paid by the client).
Working Hours and Days: Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 6.30pm occasional weekend work, willing to feed dogs on the weekends when the employer is not in residence
Salary: £30-36k Gross Per annum
job number 94813
Consultant to Contact: Rebecca Liljeros