Live in Housekeeper / Cook job in Cranleigh Surrey
Live in Housekeeper / Cook required near Cranleigh in Surrey Start May Salary £34k Gross per annum ( approx £500npw)
An experienced , switched on and hands on Housekeeper/ Cook who loves cooking is needed for a large 5 bed property on a shooting estate. There is generally just 2 people in residence but they do informally entertain regularly. You must be efficient and organised as the house can be busy at times, with friends and family coming to the house particularly during the shoot season every other weekend ( Approx 8 times per year) . You will be working in conjunction with a daily part time cleaner who will be employed to help out and do deep cleaning.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, loves cooking and has a flair for it, able to menu plan and cope with unexpected visitors on occasion. It is a beautiful location and would suit someone who loves the rural lifestyle who is able to run the house to high standards and make the role their own!.
Duties to include
- Hands on Housekeeping, Cleaning and tidying to a high standard,
- Managing Laundry, Washing and Ironing. (Sheets are sent out)
- Looking after the family pets, feeding and walking a friendly but large dog
- Cooking for the family and any guests (breakfast, lunch, dinner), setting up the table, clearing away. They enjoy a varied range of cuisnes, Asian in particular
- Preparing food for re-heating on days off
- Dinner party style cooking when they entertain informally- for more formal events caterers will be brought in
- Meet and greet guests, making drinks, serving guests, attending to their needs during their stay
- Household and food Shopping and stock rotation
- Collect and distribute post
- Flower arranging
- House and pet sitting
Partners and pets are welcome.
Driving essential, Must have own car
Hours Generally Monday – Friday approx. 45 hours per week with flexibility Usually from 8am -7.30 pm with time off in the day
Weekends will be needed for 8 weekends from October to January for shooting parties. Time off in lieu
Accommodation separate 1 bed cottage provided all found
Salary £34k Gross per annum ( approx 500npw)
Job Reference 91993
Consultant to contact ;-Rebecca Liljeros