Live in OR Live Out Housekeeper / Cook job in Maidstone, Kent
Live in OR live Out Housekeeper / Cook required near Maidstone Start ASAP / End July Salary £33k Gross Per annum ( Approx £475 npw)
A lovely family require an experienced housekeeper to look after them, cook to good dinner party standard and run their beautiful Georgian period home. This is their main residence and although generally quite quiet ( the 2 school aged children will be at school) there will be other occasions (Mainly during the Summer and winter holiday period ) when the house will be busy when children and Grandchildren visit. There are occasional (once or twice a month) dinner parties and guests for weekends. You will be working alongside a part time daily cleaner who has been with the family for many years to keep the home to a high standard. The house contains a lot of antiques and fine art so we need someone with high attention to detail who is careful in their working.
The house has a large and beautiful walled garden, and is surrounded by fields and woods looked after by two gardeners and a groundsman. We are looking for someone who will enjoy the rural lifestyle, an enthusiastic and energetic organised person looking for a varied role in a family setting.
Duties to include
- Hands on Housekeeping and Cleaning in conjunction with the daily cleaner.
- Laundry-Washing and Ironing – during busy periods a weekly ironing service and local laundry is used for for sheets
- Household shopping and running errands
- Cooking- planning, preparing and serving 2 meals a day 5 days per week -mainly Lunch and supper- (Supper does not need to be served but can be left for them to assemble / re-heat) using the produce of the garden.
- Cooking for Dinner parties once or twice a month- The family enjoy cooking and are well travelled and adventurous in their taste, enjoying a wide variety of cuisines as well as traditional English.
Partners and pets will be considered.
Driving essential, Must have own car
Hours Monday – Friday generally 7am – 3.30pm -approx. 40 hours per week with flexibility You will be needed to work for either Xmas or the New Year.
Accommodation one bed flat with kitchen and large living room. The flat has a separate entrance with all expenses paid
Salary £33k Gross per annum
Starts ASAP / End of July
Job Reference 88094
Consultant to contact ;-Rebecca Liljeros