Live In Housekeeper job
( RG7) Live in Housekeeper required near Reading Start ASAP Salary £26k + GPA doe ( Approx £390-net per week)
Experienced full time housekeeper, hands on duties, required for 15 bedroom country house for an isolating elderly couple, family would like to come, but Covid safety prevents it. You will be working alongside the Senior Housekeeper & 1 other daily housekeeper. It is a traditional country household but also a family home. Numbers in residence can be as few as 2 however they do entertain regularly during the shoot season, as well as family functions- mainly during the weekends. The house is very busy during Christmas and less so during the remainder of the year- flexibility is key!
The household is observing strict Covid 19 protocols so you must be happy to adhere to this. PPE when needed. Social distancing is being practiced between all staff and household members. Masks provided and worn as needed. From January, children and grandchildren will be coming to stay for 6 months with new baby and 18 month old and puppy. They will do a covid test or isolate before staying.
Duties will include
- Hands on Cleaning, washing and ironing
- You should have experience in the care of antiques and fabrics, care of public and private rooms, training can be given
- Washing/clearing up after all meals
- Serving to table if the family have guests.
- Assistance at shoot lunches both family and commercial
- Ordering, receiving deliveries from supermarkets, Amazon,
- Sterilising all incoming post and supermarket and other deliveries, training given on Covid-safe methods
- Welcoming contractors and advising them of the Covid-safety procedures.
- Ability to cook would be an advantage
- Must be a dog lover and confident with large boisterous dogs as the duties will also involve walking and caring for 2 Labradors.
- Assist with training of dogs and follow trainer’s methods
- Shopping locally, going to the cleaners, shopping at supermarkets, taking prescriptions to Chemist and other errands as needed.
Driving essential, Must have own car but car provided for work purposes
Salary £26k + GPA doe ( Approx £390-net per week)
Hours 40 hour week on a rota. 5 day week - Weekends and Bank holidays worked on rota.
Accommodation- Own bedroom in 3 bed 2 bath staff cottage with own garden and garage on the estate ( Until January) when the cottage could be provided sole occupancy
Starts ASAP- (Isolation for covid required pre starting position, or Covid antigen test and repeat in 6 days prior to starting work.)
Job Reference 89999
Consultant to contact;-Rebecca Liljeros