Full-time live-in Housekeeper Job in Fulmer, South Buckinghamshire
A lovely couple are looking for an experienced Housekeeper to join their family on a permanent basis. They have 3 grow up children and young grandchild who live separately but visit on occasions. They reside with their two German Shepherds who completes the family. The couple already employs a PA and Gardeners. They also have a property in Switzerland where they have a full time Housekeeper in place. The couple travels a few times per year, when you will be required to house and pet sit. These periods will not be longer than 2 months at a time. The household is informally run with the exception when they entertain and have some formal friends over.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is switched on energetic, fit, pro-active with the ability to undertake tasks without supervision
The candidate will have a good standard of written English, be a non-smoker and will be pet friendly. The house is located in beautiful grounds and would suit someone who enjoys the countryside.
Duties to include:
- Taking care of the household. All cleaning duties to include bathrooms, bedrooms and living areas, as well as unused rooms on a regular basis. Cleaning inside windows on the ground floor, mopping floors, sweeping porches and cleaning skirting boards. Freshening rooms. Organising cupboards etc.
- Maintaining good hygiene practices throughout the house and especially in the kitchen. Awareness of stock control and checking foods for sell by dates.
- Laundry, ironing and changing bedsheets.
- Cooking (healthy, family meals normally one main meal a day).
- Food shopping and running errands.
- Feeding, grooming and walking 2 tame German shepherd dogs around the grounds.
- Administration - dealing with household maintenance issues and following up on any problems. Responsibility for scheduling maintenance appointments for services including boilers, heaters, gutters, alarms etc.
- Petty cash records.
- Watering indoor plants.
Driving essential and a car will be provided for work purposes (automatic).
Partners and dogs cannot be accommodated.
House: Large 3 stories, 6 bedrooms house with indoor swimming pool, gym and external office
Accommodation: Newly built self-contained one bedroom annex with full kitchen and living/TV area. Fully furnished with own entrance. All utility bills included.
Working Hours and Days: Monday to Friday, 08:00-18:30 with flexibility around the household priorities. Occasional weekend work with time off in lieu at a mutually agreeable time/date
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 gross per annum
Vacancy Number: 100926
Consultant to contact Jade Meddah,
to apply please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org