Live in Housekeeper job
A VIP family of five in Holland Park (kids aged 5, 8 & 10) are looking for a top notch Housekeeper to join their team. The family already employ a Live in couple, part time laundress and full time live in Nanny.
The Couple who are employed as House Managers, are in charge of running the house and they run all errands, do all service, all the cooking, grocery shopping, driving, plus assist with cleaning throughout the day. The laundress takes care of all the laundry and ironing.
Your duties will include:
- Daily and deep cleaning to a very high standard. Care of antiques, crystal etc. – You will be required to wear the hoover as a back pack due to the stairs so must be physically fit.
- Occasional babysitting/ childcare on weekends. There is a full time nanny Monday to Friday.
- Occasional help with dinner party’s
- Occasional food preparation (simple breakfast/children’s food)
- Silver polishing and flower arranging
- Occasionally walk two black labradors in Holland Park if needed.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, flexible, have high standards, be a good listener who can communicate and is happy to learn/follow instruction.
A Team player and happy to work under senior house managers (the couple).
The family travel in all the school holidays so you will get down time when they are away. They have a private yacht and also have a home in the countryside, but you will not be required to travel with them anywhere.
House: 12 bedroom, 5 storey main house with 3 storey pavilion on site
Hours: Thursday to Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday off. Occasionally can be subject to change but will get two days off each week guaranteed.
7.30am to 4pm with a one hour lunch break. Then 1 hour in the evening (bedroom turn down, kitchen tidy) usually around 8.00/9.00pm
Salary: £500 net per week (£34,548 gross per annum)
25 days holiday per annum plus 8 days bank holiday
Accommodation provided. Flat within the house, separate bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and sitting room. With own separate entrance.
Vacancy Number: 96363
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen